The Chilliwack Society for Community Living is mandated by its constitution and by-laws to provide an array of services and supports, including various community living arrangements for its clients.
The scope of the services provided requires an equivalent variety of skill-sets and recruitment arrangements with the Society’s staff and contractors, working together to achieve its goals.
Below are some of the current options available for individuals looking to work with the Society:
Casual - Community Housing
30 hrs/week, Community Inclusion Services
30 hrs/week, Community Housing
24 hrs/week, Community Housing
24 hrs/week (Float), Community Housing
40 hrs/week, Community Housing
30 hrs/week (Temp) Community Inclusion
22 hrs/week (Temp), Community Housing
Casual - Various Services
40 hrs/week (Temp), Community Housing
Community Respite Service
The Chilliwack Society for Community Living is seeking suitable mature individuals, couples or families to provide respite care within their own home for individual children and adults with developmental disabilities. The contracted caregivers will be expected to provide a high quality of care and support in such areas as personal hygiene, appearance, health care, nutrition, social and recreational activities. Hours are flexible, dependent on the needs of the individual and their family. They may include individual hours, overnight stays or periods of up to a maximum of three weeks. Experience and education preferred. Will require current criminal record check (CRRP) a medical certificate, reference checks, CLBC check and a home study will be done.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com for more information and application forms.
Interested in applying online?
The Chilliwack Society for Community Living is seeking suitable mature individuals, couples or families to provide a safe, nurturing community based shared living arrangements for adults with developmental disabilities. The contracted caregivers will be expected to provide a high quality of care and support in such areas as personal hygiene, appearance, health care, nutrition, social and recreational activities. Will require current criminal record check (CRRP) a medical certificate, reference checks, CLBC check and a home study will be done.
Interested in applying online?
Applicants requiring assistance with our online form should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 604-393-3208.
Student Employment Program
What Does CSCL Offer Students?
The most obvious benefit CSCL has to offer students is flexibility and understanding.
At CSCL we recognize two things about student life:
- It can be very expensive and some part time work can go a long way to help cover the costs of education, or allow you to have a night out once in a while.
- The life of a student is very busy and during certain times of the year is extremely busy. We understand that school is your number one priority and we will work with you to help you succeed.
We believe that the ideal situation for both a student employee and CSCL is:
- Work while you are going to school. You tell us when you can work and we’ll do our best to keep some money coming in while you are studying.
- During breaks and over the summer work more. The money made during these times can go a long way to help keep those student loans down.
- Work in an exciting and stimulating environment. You will learn to see the world from a different perspective through this position, and you will not get bored.
- Make an immediate and tangible impact on your community. The work that you will do with CSCL will be satisfying and purposeful. At the end of the day you will know that you have had a positive impact on the life of another person.
CSCL values caring and dedicated employees. If this describes you, we welcome your application