CSCL is very proud to be involved in Community Living BC (CLBC) include Me! project. Include Me! invites individuals to participate in a survey that measures quality of life from their perspective. The information gathered from this process is rolled up to provide CLBC with data at the agency, regional, and provincial level.
Quality of Life Indicators:
The include Me! survey uses 8 Quality of Life indicators that CSCL has also adopted in our personal planning process called My Plan/My World. Pictured below are Jill and her team during one of these events. Jill chose to have her My Plan/My World in a park and chose a “Halloween” theme. She planned the whole event from pumpkins to piñatas – just some of her favourite things!
CSCL was one of the first organizations’ to participate in the CLBC include Me! project back in 2012 and the results about CSCL’s services were very positive!
CSCL ‘s most recent includeMe! Report from CLBC demonstrated how CSCL does in comparison to other organizations in the region regarding Quality of Life indicators. Here were some of the results:
- CSCL achieved the highest score in 2 of the 8 domains – Social Inclusion and Interpersonal Relations – in comparison to other organizations in the region. This is great news and could be connected to CSCL’s focus on growing and expanding people’s Social Capital.
- CSCL scored higher than all other organizations in the region (the “Overall Score”) in 5 of the 8 domains – 2 were even – 1 was lower but by only 0.1 points
- CSCL scored higher this survey in 4 of the 8 domains compared to our last survey – 1 was even – 3 were lower but by only 0.1 points for each
- CSCL scored higher in the QoL Composite score by 0.2 points (7.4 to 7.6)
- All 8 domains were positively in correlation with employed individuals – “life is better for those employed”
For more information about Community Living BC (CLBC) include Me! project please visit their website: